Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SS QLD state champ.



As some of you are aware I started racing MTB on a single speed, my first 24hr was I actually raced SS back in 2008. Since then though I haven't raced a single speed and with the SS state champs being only a week after the Kona 24hr I thought it would be a good chance to give it ago again LOL. 2nd race in a week I got to fly the Ay UP flag pumped.

I put the my SS stead together the day before the race and geared it up 32/19.

Kaitlin being the keen racer was  geared up for the mudrats race. The race was short but she raced hard, wont be long and ill be the one on the sidelines cheering my girls on.





 
 
 
As you can see I had a good race, riding SS is awesome fun I actually forgot how much.  This race pulled a lot of keen SS riders out of the woodworks. From the get go the racing was tight, it remained that way throughout the 50km.  On the first lap or 2 I got to chat the David Stallan, he was geared quite a lot higher then me running a 32/15, this meant although he would be hurting on the pinch climbs he could put a lot of time into the field on the decents and flats, the best thing I could hope for here is that he would slow over the last few laps. As it turned out he kept the pressure on all the way to the end.  Lasse Juel Hansen kept me honest the whole race and to be honest most of the SS field finished within 10 minutes of each other. 


quick stats:   50km,7 lap race
                      2hr 15min
                      2nd SS State champs

Big thanks to Kiri and my girls, best support crew. Thanks to my sponsors Ay Up lights, Venture cycles, Shotz kept me dialled in all race and Rubena tyres for the grip.

No comments:


Daves shop

Daves shop
Big thanks to Pedal Pwr for their support